E-commerce sales are witnessing a massive jump ever since the onset of the pandemic. As the world slowly recovers from […]
When it comes to offering e-commerce solutions to small & medium-sized businesses, PrestaShop is undeniably one of the best options! Not only this open-source software offers amazing features & functionalities, but also a high degree of customization. With every new update, the PrestaShop team tries to enhance the overall shopping experience of the users and end clients. If we compare PrestaShop 1.6 v/s PrestaShop 1.7 in terms of performance, the latter is much better.
The main motive behind the development of PrestaShop 1.7 was to make the entire process of the store’s establishment simple, faster, and user-friendly.
As a result, it has taken a giant leap and introduced many new features such as:
- An enhanced way to create themes & maintain them as well. This includes a brand new default & starter theme.
- A simplistic & lovely user journey with an easy product-creation process, beginner-friendly onboarding, and simple module search.
- A much better main menu that has been re-organized.
- The Admin interface has been enhanced so that the most popular tasks are speeded up.
- The Symfony framework aids in strengthening the code security & the overall performance of the store.
PrestaShop 1.6 v/s PrestaShop 1.7: A Brief Overview
The major improvements of PrestaShop 1.7 over 1.6 are as follows:
- The “Create a product” page has a whole new interface that offers faster performance, better ways to add products to different categories, and impressive shortcuts.
- The entire back office navigation has been redesigned to vastly improve the UI/UX experience. It has also facilitated better & easier browsing.
- The Modules Page has been upgraded that helps in better management of modules.
- Prestashop has introduced several new eye-pleasing themes. They can be downloaded easily from the official marketplace.
With these notable changes, the businesses can now use Prestashop 1.7 to significantly improve the performance graph.
Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7- Why Should You Consider It?
Introduction of Symfony
As per PrestaShop, the focus of PrestaShop 1.7 is to allow the codes to be robust, modular, and completely testable. Prestashop 1.6 is a legacy architecture that was inherited from PrestaShop 1.5 and with time, it has become irrelevant.
They did exactly what they had said and Symphony in PrestaShop 1.7 has walked the talk! With it, the developers & users can focus on the nucleus of the business code (such as order management, cart management, price & tax calculation, invoice generation, and much more) with a high degree of efficiency.
In addition to that, the development team can also use the various options to enhance subtle eCommerce specifics and improve the functionalities of Prestashop.
With Prestashop 1.7, you can experience a refreshed back office with a much-improved UI/UX experience that facilitates easy browsing!
The main menu has been segregated into 3 different segments-
- Improve, and
This helps in easy navigation between the three different segments and also better management of modules.
Enhanced Product Configuration
With an appealing interface, users will benefit from automated management, a range of useful shortcuts, and faster actions. In addition to that, the store owners can easily create product lists while better organizing the features and values. In simple words, with a better and faster creation of categories & subcategories, you are going to experience enhanced product navigation.
With Prestashop version 1.7, the developers require much less time to create engaging themes. They can do that with just a basic awareness of CSS & HTML.
Furthermore, the “Classic” theme imparts a crisp impression to your store and the improved product sheet & checkout process makes selling a whole lot easier.
- PrestaShop 1.7 comes with an OSL 3.0 license. This indicates that you can utilize, enhance, and contribute to any project in a better way. It also has a huge community of over a million members that make finding answers to any query a cakewalk.
- It is possible to download & install PrestaShop 1.7 locally and opt for a hosting solution while having complete access to the data. There is an import/export tool that allows for the backup of data and transferring it as per requirement.
- During checkout, the customers now have options to verify their orders.
Prestashop 1.7 boasts of a wide range of advanced features. While the developers benefit from the introduction of Symfony and a better theme system, it is also going to help the merchants with better management. When comparing Prestashop 1.6 vs 1.7, the latter is seriously a frontrunner and has already been adopted by the industry!
Ksolves has recently developed a top-notch Order Tracking Module for Prestashop. This Module is available for V188.8.131.52 to V184.108.40.206. The main motto behind developing the Prestashop Order Tracking Module is to help the merchants track the complete status of a particular shipment.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : +91 8130704295
Arc Backend Theme Enterprise
Customize the App Drawer background of the theme with the option to choose a color or the image, and manage the transparency of the same.Without following a time-consuming process, a user can search any term from any module or menu and redirect to the same from the app drawer of what you were looking for.