Salesforce is not a new concept and has surely been an integral part of organizations all around the world. And why not? If you can stack your data and sort it according to your need, just imagine the workload it takes away from you. However, as companies start to expand and create multiple web applications, you need to add components to minimize the impact. This is where Salesforce Lightning Web Components come into the picture.
We can understand the queries revolving in your head about the lightning web components in Salesforce. Do not worry! You will get each and every piece of information you require about the lightning web components in this write-up.
Keep reading to get more information about Salesforce Lightning and its components.
The Origin Of Salesforce Lightning Web Components (LWC)
When Salesforce released its Lightning Modules in 2014, it brought a sense of relief for organizations. They were satisfied with the performance and reliability of the framework. However, things accelerated at a pace and the AURA framework was insufficient to tackle it. Google initiated the idea of Web components that paved the way for better development.
However, Salesforce realized the need of the hour and complied with the terms and conditions of web browsers. This led to the release of Salesforce Lightning Web Components across all platforms.
You must be wondering that with the introduction of Lightning Web Components is AURA going away? The answer is “No”. Because LWC and Aura are the perfect combinations for each other. If you need more information about the Aura Salesforce Lightning, feel free to connect with us.
What Is Lightning Web Component In Salesforce?
Lightning Web Components use native codes in the browser, which is why they are easier to use. However, that would not stop you from enjoying all the necessary functions supported by Salesforce.
The Chatter Component in Lightning Salesforce is used to share information among your colleagues in a company. A user can use features such as profiles, groups, feeds, and more to stay updated with the latest information within an organization. It is one of the best ways to convey your vital knowledge among others with the Chatter Component.
Lightning Web Component is a breakthrough for all the web designers out there! More than that, it has pinched the old thought of web development and brought in a new spectrum.
How? Let’s begin with understanding the Lightning Web Components benefits over the AURA Framework.
Advantages of Lightning Web Components Over AURA Framework
Before heading towards the advantages of Lightning Web Components, here are the shortcomings of the AURA Salesforce Framework.
- The absence of modern web technologies leads to the inefficient rendering of UI transformations.
- Even if the framework allowed modular applications, the web standards were not fit to hold them.
- The framework missed the new-age constructs which were hovering around in the market.
The inclusion of Lightning Web Components in Salesforce eradicated all the shortcomings. It gave a new platform to modular applications with simple programming and reusable data.
Well, the list of advantages does not end here. We have plenty of them for you, so have a look at the Web Components’ advantages over the AURA Framework.
- Unlike the AURA framework, Web Components have utilized the web standards. Therefore, you can build, run, and renovate modular applications effortlessly.
- Finally, an integration framework to consume the external data over internal. These integration frameworks are useful while running the data-consuming applications in your system.
- When it comes to the speed of web pages, Lightning Web Components are way faster than Aura. Due to the inclusion of web components, LWC is lighter and more efficient than Aura. This quality makes the LWC run faster than Aura Components.
- If you scroll down different Salesforce Discussion Forums, you will find detailed information and step-by-step instructions on debugging Lightning Web Components. This makes LWC easier to debug than Aura Components.
- Pre-installed browser security features enable Lightning Web Components for out-of-the-box usage, which is not the case with Aura Components.
These were the advantages of Salesforce Lightning Web Components over the AURA framework. However, why non-IT organizations are running behind to get their hands on web components? What makes the lightning web components appealing to every business?
Let’s explore the benefits of Salesforce Lightning Web Components.
Benefits of Salesforce Lightning Web Components
If you are an organization, Lightning Web Components have plenty of benefits for you in their bag. Here are some of them.
- As we have already discussed, there is no abstraction layer. Therefore, the overall performance is top-notch. Say goodbye to waiting! It won’t take much time to process a function on the browser.
- LWC allows an easy transition for the developers with no requirement of learning an additional framework.
- The one-way data binding feature of Lightning Web Components will prevent the data from different sources, eliminating the problems faced in Aura.
- The component will allow a smooth run for your developers as they can easily ramp their way through. They aren’t required to learn a new framework, which leads to an easy transition.
Note: If you are using the salesforce classic and need to upgrade to the Lightning framework, choose the Salesforce Classic to Lightning Migration and update your business now.
Let’s understand some terminology in Salesforce Lightning
Salesforce CPQ Lightning Compatibility
The Salesforce CPQ, which stands for Configure, Price, and Quote is used to provide accurate pricing for any given product. With the extension of Salesforce CPQ to Service Cloud Lightning, businesses can provide a better buying experience to their customers.
Salesforce B2B Commerce Lightning
With Salesforce B2B Commerce Lightning technology, users can create an engaging and attractive online store. With the Lightning web components, a user can select the multiple templates to design a store and set up payment and checkout settings.
Bucket column Salesforce Lightning
The bucket column in Salesforce lightning is a technology that allows a user to create records of various reports and documents. To know more about it, consult with the Ksolves.
It is used when you have an open case and you use the ‘close case’ button, the close case page layout appears. It gives a brief list of mandatory fields that you want your users to fill out when the case is closed.
If you want to convert a lead, the custom lead convert button is used in Salesforce Lightning. To close more deals, learn about the custom lead convert button with us!
The Bottom Line
It won’t be wrong to say that Lightning Web Components in Salesforcepresented a sigh of relief for the developers. In fact, organizations, with fast deployments and effortless browsing, have a lot to take away from this Salesforce implementation. Now, companies can work on multiple web applications without concerning the impact on the browser.
Hope you have got all the answers to your queries, and you are able to conclude a decision based on the overview! Now that the integration of Salesforce Lightning is around the corner, feel free to contact Ksolves! Our expertise as a Salesforce Development Company coupled with an enthusiastic barrage of developers is hard to find. Contact Ksolves for further information.
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are Salesforce Lightning Web Components?
Salesforce Lightning Web Components is the introduction of a new generation of lightweight frameworks based on web standards. It makes use of decorators, shadow DOM, modules, custom elements, and new language structures available in ECMAScript 7 and more.
2. What is the difference between lightning components and lightning Web Components?
3. Can we use the Lightning component in Salesforce sites?
Using the Lightning component, a user can construct Sites. Lightning components may be used within site.com using community builder. To know more about it, consult the Ksolves experts.
4. Where are lightning Web Components stored?
The Lightning Web Components are stored in a Subfolder Names LWC.
5. What are lightning components?
Lightning Components are UI Framework that is utilized to design mobile and desktop applications. Salesforce Admins use these components to design single-page web applications to provide an end-to-end experience.