As Prestashop 1.7 has been released, it has resulted in scores of online merchants transitioning from the older Prestashop 1.6 to the brand new version. What’s fuelling this transition is that the new version has been designed by the experts of the eCommerce industry by incorporating the latest features & innovations. Prestashop migration is thus a necessity!
Also, PrestaShop 1.6 is technically outdated now. It is no longer being maintained/secured and sooner or later, you have to transition to the upgraded version. Thus, there is no point in reconsidering the old 1.6 version as it can be too late and you will eventually start losing business.
Features Of Prestashop 1.7: Reasons For Upgrade From Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7
- Better back-office navigation (UI/UX)
- An excellent admin interface menu. It also has faster performance.
- The Symfony2 framework has strengthened code security & optimized the store performance.
- Fast & simple one-page checkout
- Much better SEO features
- Updated ways to build responsive(and professional) themes & maintenance
- Quick product & customer account building
Things To Do Before Prestashop Migration:
- Ensure to develop a backup of all the databases & files that were being used with the PrestaShop 1.6 version.
- Delete the junk data of the store.
- It is a good idea to develop a clone of the store. You should never use the live store to migrate to the newer version.
- Inspect the degree of compatibility of the prevailing extensions, themes, extensions, and customized codes of the Prestashop 1.6 version with the most advanced 1.7.
If you are looking to migrate manually for Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7, here are the steps that are needed to be followed:
Step 1: Download the newest version of PrestaShop from the official website of Prestashop.
Step 2: Next, the downloaded file has to be unzipped. Rename the Admin folder & subsequently, delete the upload folder.
Step 3: Click on the Upgrade.php file & open it(you can find it in the install folder). Now, you need to delete the following:
Note: Deleting the first line will show you a white screen. If you delete the second line only, all the modules of PrestaShop will be turned on. Thus, eliminating both is extremely important.
Step 4: Now, the parameters.php file from /app/config/ has to be copied from your website. Once done, simply paste it to the config folder & delete the custom.css file.
Step 5: Zip everything inside a single folder. Then, upload it to the root folder of your site & unzip it.
Step 6: Open the yourdomain.com/install/upgrade/upgrade.php. Check whether the website has been successfully updated or not. If it has been updated, then you can delete the install folder.
Although migration can sometimes prove to be a headache, it is necessary to boost the productivity of business without disrupting the prevalent business process. The manual migration process can be slow and thus many opt for the free 1 click upgrade PrestaShop module. Contact the best migration experts from Ksolves today for more details. Having developed bespoke Prestashop modules such as Carriers Locator & Orders Tracking, we can guide you in the best way possible.
Contact us today for further details!
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : +91 8130704295
PrestaShop 1.6 v/s PrestaShop 1.7: The Notable Differences
What’s New in the Latest Version of Prestashop 1.7?