Passwords are a crucial facet of being truly secure. One of the primary reasons for the increase in such security breaches is the use of weak passwords, especially those that are in frequent use. They aren’t, however, perfect. Cybercriminals can guess, steal, and breach their credentials using a variety of tactics. Businesses are scrambling to deploy two-factor authentication as a remedy to the problem. Adopting the incorrect two-factor authentication method, on the other hand, might burden consumers while providing no security value. Salesforce has made it mandatory for all companies to use Salesforce Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to access its products as a method to counteract this. The Salesforce Authenticator App creates a “Time-based One Time password” TOTP every 30 seconds, which prompts you to accept or reject the login.
What Is Salesforce Two-Factor Authentication App?
Salesforce Authenticator app is a mobile-enabled two-factor authentication program that adds an extra layer of protection to your Salesforce account and data. The app provides enterprise-level security while also being simple and convenient for individuals. Through simple push alerts, the Salesforce Authenticator makes it even easier for people to access business-critical apps. Employees can authorize logins and other operations with a simple swipe on their mobile device, even validating automatically from trusted places.
In general, two-factor authentication refers to the use of two different methods to gain access to an account or data. The first factor is something we already know, such as our account and password. The second is something we already have, such as a smartphone with a security app installed.
Salesforce Authenticator App Benefits That Attract Customers
Salesforce Authenticator makes it simple to gain access to mission-critical apps by sending out simple push notifications. You can authorize logins and other actions, as well as automatically verify from trustworthy sources, with a single tap on your mobile device. There is also a backup and restore function for when the phone is lost or the user wishes to use a new phone. Even if hackers know your password, they will be unable to log in since the Salesforce Authenticator App is not loaded on their phones. Furthermore, the Salesforce mobile app development can authenticate reports and dashboards as well. One can also use the verification code to complete the authentication even if the data connection is lost.
Salesforce Authenticator App offers a great user experience by ensuring:
- Quick delivery of push notifications to phones, which speeds up the verification process.
- To determine the legitimacy of a request, real-time details may be seen.
- A feature available is the automation of the procedure from trusted sites.
- With a single tap, anyone can decline suspicious requests.
- When there is a problem with connectivity, TOTP codes can be produced.
As a result, our free Salesforce Authenticator app works on both Android and iOS and interacts with your existing log-in method. Additionally, both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience support Salesforce Authenticator app setup.
Note: Essentials, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Contact Manager Editions of Salesforce, all provide multi-factor authentication using Salesforce Authenticator.
How To Use The Salesforce Authenticator App To Secure Your Salesforce Account
Salesforce recommends the following steps for successful Salesforce Authenticator mobile app development:
- Based on your mobile device, download and install the Salesforce Authenticator app accordingly. The software is available for download on the App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android devices.
- Enter Advanced User Details in the Quick Find box that is in your personal settings. After that, choose Advanced User Details. If no results are found then enter Personal Information in the Quick Find box and select Personal Information from there.
- After that, register your Salesforce authenticator app and click Connect.
- There might be a chance that you may need to log in to your account again or enter a passcode sent to you through email or text message for security reasons.
- Then, on your mobile device, open the Salesforce Authenticator app. When you first start the app, you’ll be taken on a tour of the app’s features. Take the tour or get directly to the app’s Salesforce integration.
- Tap Add an Account in the app. The program then produces a one-of-a-kind two-word phrase.
- In the Two-Word Phrase field of your Salesforce browser window, type the phrase, and click connect.
- Details about the account you’re joining appear in the Salesforce Authenticator app on your mobile device. In the end, tap Connect in the app to finalize the account connection.
Let Ksolves Manage Your Salesforce Account With Security!
Unexpected twists and turns abound in the corporate world. When it comes to security, forecasting, growth planning, and being ready for whatever comes your way, knowing how much business is coming your way or how safe your system is can be extremely beneficial. Ksolves offers the best Salesforce CRM development services for growing your company. Ksolves, being the top salesforce app development company, creates mobile apps that are both safe and quick to load. We create fantastic mobile apps that work seamlessly on all platforms with the goal of increasing user engagement. Choose us to expand your company offers with a mobile app that works in tandem with your Salesforce CRM! You can rely on us and on our trusted Salesforce CRM development services.
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
6 Reasons Salesforce Custom Apps Are Worth Your Consideration
Best Practices For Salesforce Integration with Third Party Applications