When you build a new enterprise solution (web or mobile) the most important thing is the back-end architecture. Before Microservice architecture, users were stuck with monolithic architecture and developers were supporting third-party services via API. Microservices have now become the preferred approach. Understand why?
What is Microservice?
Microservices architecture is a cloud-native architectural approach where a single application is composed of different loosely coupled independent deployable smaller components or services.
- These services have their own technology stack including database and data management model.
- Communicate with each other over a combination of REST API, streaming, and message brokers.
- Organized by business capabilities.
- Highly maintainable and testable.
- Owned by a small team.
Microservices Architecture enables the rapid and reliable delivery of large and complex applications and allows an organization to also enable its technology stack.
What’s so interesting about Microservices Architecture?
Earlier many technologies allowed developers to combine more resources and run the application in simultaneous services. This designing of software as companions of independently deployable services was described as Microservice architecture. Let’s check the advantages of Microservices-
- Microservices can simultaneously develop different components of an application and speed up the delivery process.
- Components are easier to maintain and also it makes the application more reliable and easier to scale.
- Microservices architecture makes it easier for new developers to join any project.
The best approach for Microservices architecture recommended by Ksolves
Microservices have many benefits, but the most important decision is to choose the best approach for the componentization of the application.
Advantages of Microservices Architecture
- The more the components, the easier it is to adjust in case of significant changes.
- Updating and reviewing the functionality gets much easier.
Disadvantages of Microservices
- Maintaining the project becomes challenging
- The work of DevOps Engineers will be increased with more components.
Ksolves suggest you decide how far you can go with the components.
Implementing Microservice architecture
Let us see how we can implement Microservices architecture-
- Firstly define the logic of the future product. When it is done, it is better to start with lesser services in order to save time and effort.
- Any functional part is critical in terms of performance. They will be extracted into separate processes.
- Thoroughly prepare a proof-of-concept of the architecture you will implement and see the corner cases.
- Be ready with popular libraries and frameworks so that you can reduce the cost of updating snapshot and handling bugs.
- Cover your code with tests.
- Implement integration test to check APIs
- Design a well-organized continuous integration pipeline with “one-button” deploy and release.
- Utilize Docker and Kubernetes in order to orchestrate services.
Our experience says that this approach is the most well-sorted, cost and time-efficient strategy for a large number of enterprise applications.
When done right, Microservices are the Most Effective Architecture
Do you know, if we ask our clients what they will choose between Monolithic vs Microservices, most of them will stick to Microservices without any second thought? It has many advantages that could prove beneficial.
In any Microservices architecture, failure in one service does not affect other services making sure the whole app won’t go down if any bug arrives.
The servers that are providing critical functionality are easier to be scaled to more servers. Earlier with monolithic apps, users were forced to invest time and resources to scale the entire solution in a single go.
Developers can do development in parallel and allow adding new people quickly.
The Microservice Architecture will require a DevOps team and make deployment easier and reliable as compared to monolithic architecture because of the use of new technologies like docker.
We have shared the best approach to design Microservices architecture, however, everything depends on the development team. Without any experience, even the most professional developers will have a hard time. That’s where Ksolves come into the picture.
As a software development company, Ksolves is a Microservices specialist in India and the USA providing high-quality services to cater to the requirements of users. We have a highly talented team of more than 350+ developers handling global projects of Microservices. Why wait for the best time, give us a call right away.
For further information, write to us in the comment section below!
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
Read related article –
The Importance of Application Modernization for Businesses in 2021
What are the Best Technologies for Microservices Architecture Development?