The most important part of any cloud migration is moving the data to the cloud. Apache NiFi is an open-source data ingestion platform that uses a graphical user interface to make it easy to transfer and analyze data. In this article, we will discuss the smooth integration of Apache NiFi with Amazon S3. Many businesses are integrating Apache NiFi along with Amazon S3 for better results and profitability. For storage on S3 and other file systems, Apache NiFi optimization & integration services prove to be a boon as it provides solutions to many Amazon S3 issues such as data accessibility and security. It is possible that you are using the S3 as the data lake, the default parking spot for data, as it is cheap, accessible, and reliable. But that doesn’t make S3 an analytical data store. To solve this problem, Apache NiFi can assist you in preparing your S3 data storage for use with EMR, Hadoop, and other tools for analytic processing.
Ingest to S3: What’s the Point?
There are several compelling reasons to integrate S3 with your data flow pipeline as an intermediate stage and final state:
- Easy to use with little or no maintenance
- Affordable pricing
- Better than most other storage solutions we’ve used in terms of reliability and availability
- It can be made available to customers or partners and is compatible with a variety of tools and connecting systems such as Elastic MapReduce (EMR) and Apache Drill.
- Access can be controlled using various security settings
- The performance isn’t great, but it’s usually good enough
Aspects to Think About When Storing Analytic Data on S3
Despite the above advantages, the S3 still has some drawbacks when it comes to analytics data. Therefore, it is advisable to keep track of all the aspects that bring profitability to your organization while storing analytical data on S3.
- Organization – A good data lake in the S3 bucket should have well-organized folders and files. The ability to differentiate between different data sets and raw and processed data is a must. All this can be possible only when S3 is integrated with Apache NiFi.
- Pricing – Even if the S3 is inexpensive, no one wants to pay more than is required. So, one must calculate their budget before integration.
- Accessibility – Need to check if S3 integration makes it easier for you to work with your processing tools.
- Security – Set up server-side encryption as well as permissions that aren’t managed at the bucket level.
- Expiration – It is better to specify the lifecycle expiration in advance, partly to save money, but it can also help you define your data collection.
How Apache NiFi Integration Proves Best With S3?
For storage on the S3, Apache NiFi optimization & integration services prove to be the best as it solves many of the above issues. NiFi service allows a large number of incoming files to be buffered to fewer S3 writes, thus making S3 efficient for your business.
There are two processors in particular that you should be aware of when using S3 storage:
PutS3Object – As the name implies, this is used to deliver files to S3. It may also configure S3 features such as custom security access rules, expiration, and server-side encryption, among other things.
MergeContent – It combines flowfiles using a set of criteria such as count, total size, and elapsed time.
NiFi solves S3 problems in the following ways:
- Well-Organized – The NiFi Attributes and Expression Language enable flexible mapping of flowfiles to S3 keys based on format, dates, purposes, etc.
- Highly Accessible – NiFi provides various processors for format conversion, thus making it easier for you to access the data.
- NiFi Cluster Configuration – The Zero-Master Clustering concept is used by NiFi. Each node in a NiFi cluster performs identical data operations, but they all work on distinct sets of data. With NiFi cluster configuration, you can increase system resources and bring scalability when more processing power is needed.
- NiFi Data Flow Visualization – Apache NiFi service helps in data flow visualization and optimization at the corporate level.
- Security – PutS3Object uses expression language to provide per-object access rules. In S3, server-side encryption may be configured to offer extra security for data at rest.
- Expiration – PutS3Object allows you to tailor the S3 expiration lifecycle.
Why Choose Ksolves As Your Apache NiFi & S3 Integration Partner
With Apache NiFi and S3 Integration Service, Ksolves guarantees that all integrations will be done smoothly and tailored to your needs. Our efficient team of experts utilizes the latest tools and technology for the successful integration of Apache NiFi with S3, keeping in mind the security requirements. In addition, we help organizations with S3 setup along with NiFi cluster configuration, NiFi optimization, and NiFi visualization. The top reasons why choose Ksolves as your Apache NiFi and S3 integration partner are:
- Public Company With IPO Launched In June 2020
- Successfully Managing 200+ Clients
- Nasscom Member
- Company With 9+ Years Of Experience
- Maintaining Global Presence