Salesforce never fails to astound its users. It has done the same yet again. You all must have heard about the CDP in Salesforce. A CDP or Customer Data Platform comprises a customer database that offers automation in marketing, multi-channel management of campaigns, and also real-time interactions with management. CDPs are used when you need a marketing database along with user-level data. Recently Salesforce has announced some innovations in CDP. Let’s discuss more on that.
What is Salesforce CDP?
When you are associated with the best CRM platform, You will surely show tremendous results. Salesforce CDP is built on Salesforce and thus would support the companies in unifying the customer data from irrespective of any source. It further involves departments like sales, service, marketing, loyalty as well as commerce. Additionally, it also creates a primary source of truth that is often utilized for powerful marketing, advertising, personalization along analytics use cases. This will help in developing relationships and increase the revenue generated with the same.
Salesforce has announced some new CDP innovations on May 13th, 2021 to make sure that the customer data become smarter and stay more connected than it used to. This would help the organizations to act upon data with much trust and loyalty. These new updates in the Salesforce CDP would make sure that the organizations are prioritizing their first-party data. It also ensures that they help in its usage to make the customization more improved that is most asked for after almost every single interaction with customers. Let’s now discuss why you even need a Salesforce CDP in the first place.
Need for a Salesforce CDP?
Well, there are many reasons for which you need a Salesforce CDP. We are describing some of the reasons here in detail:
- Personalization: CDPs make sure you have a unified profile and also tries to make it available to all the addressable channels. It also helps in initiating personalization and relevancy. Well here is a fact that the customers who want to see customized content as per their interests are said to be five times more likely to be engaged with a particular brand or product.
- Suppression: A unified profile makes sure that it is connected to both the marketing as well as purchase data. This will allow the marketers to make sure that optimization is done properly. Here you suppress the specific consumers that made a particular purchase, and make sure the dollars goes to new customers properly and successfully.
- Insights: You know that many analytic systems operate in silos. It makes sure that the marketing interactions of the customers are connected with e-commerce data and interaction data of websites. It also makes sure that this entire data is available to sales reps.
How does CDP work?
The first thing Salesforce CDP does is to make sure that the entire organizational data is collected at one particular place. This means you have to make one single customer ID and combine the database that doesn’t share customer data. This is generally termed customer resolution.
CDP also ensures the reconciliation of the identities of the known customers with the customers about whom they already knew before their data was even shared. This can help in initiating an email campaign. This is a cross-device identity.
The most recent innovation in Salesforce CDP is the relaunch of Customer 360 Audience. The new innovations are as follows:
- MuleSoft Updates: Mulesoft is the world’s number one integration as well as API platform. It was later acquired by Salesforce in the year 2018. This innovation by Salesforce will help marketers to create digital experiences for customers. They often do this by unlocking data from either AWS or Microsoft and then integrating it with Salesforce CDP data to provide a 360-degree view.
- Enhanced Segmentation: The new improvements in the Enhanced Segmentation builder will use type-ahead functionality to suggest new attributes. This will help the users in enhancing, replicating, and easily sharing the previous segments. This allows much faster delivery. This feature of Salesforce offers the ability to query over data and develop smarter audience segments with much ease.
- Updates on Tableau: Tableau is known as the world’s leading analytics platform. It includes unified profile IDs and the insights so calculated. This platform helps marketers to understand a lot of factors driving their business, like the engaging customers, the channels with which they are engaging with business, and the factors driving their interest.
- Calculated Insights: The latest innovations in Calculated Insights would help to enrich their unified profiles with few metrics like customer lifetime value. The brands may also rank customers into various categories like “loyal top spenders” or “newly lapsed customers” to build a smarter and concrete relationship.
Now you know that the Salesforce CDP is built on the company’s main core CRM platform. It is meant to help companies while collecting all the customer data in a single location. These new and innovative updates are specifically designed so that the customer data would become more connected, and more actionable for all the users.
Ksolves is a Salesforce partner and a leading Salesforce development company offering Salesforce CRM consulting services and many more. Our team of some best Salesforce developers in the industry. If you are looking for Salesforce development services, you have landed at the right place. Write your queries for more details.