Most companies are having difficulties in generating instant quotes. When it comes to large, complicated projects, it becomes difficult to prepare quotes because product-related data and supporting services are spread over different systems. Sales agents are required to collect all the data before applying the price rules to it. The process is very time-consuming that includes reviews, clarifications, and approval, which ultimately extends the sales cycles.
This is where Salesforce CPQ comes into the spotlight. It is a new platform that can help your sales team collect customer data. By using Salesforce’s Configure, Price, Quote software (CPQ), your sales team can provide instant pricing and accurate quotes, which save time and shorten the sales cycle.
What is Salesforce CPQ Implementation?
Salesforce CPQ is a blessing for sales representatives as it simplifies the pricing and quoting process for them. CPQ implementation is the process of configuring a CPQ solution to achieve specific organizational needs. The implementation process can be done by an internal team, but it is always recommended to use the services of a highly professional and experienced CPQ implementation partner. In this blog, we are sharing some tips that help with smooth and successful CPQ implementation.
Tips for CPQ implementation
1. Have a plan.
Salesforce has mentioned a detailed outline for CPQ implementation. You need to set targeted goals for CPQ implementation. It is mainly focused on key challenges faced by the sales team and provides effective solutions for them. Next, you need to consider the business problems however, most companies give attention only to technical aspects. But it will not provide any benefit if it does not resolve the key challenges faced by sales representatives during quote generation. Before implementing CPQ, you need to first set the objectives, such as
- Reduce the amount of time you spend selling.
- Lesser time in processing quotes
- Enhance in order value
- Better renewal rates
You should define the realistic targets for each goal. The goals can be qualitative or quantitative as per the overall goals at the enterprise level.
2. A better understanding of your organization’s
- Salesforce CPQ implementation proves highly valuable for your sales team and boosts your business efficiency. You need to focus on how CPQ implementation will impact the end-to-end supply chain and customer experience. For a better understanding, you need to consider the three major facts that assist in the successful implementation of CPQ.
- Business Processes:- Get a proper understanding and knowledge of the business processes performed in the organization. If you are aware of all existing systems for price, configuration, and quote, then you can ensure the successful implementation of Salesforce CPQ.
- Know your customer: With CPQ implementation, you can identify your customers’ needs and choices. The sales cycle completely depends on customers’ wants, and with a better understanding, you can easily enhance your business’s sales cycle.
- Lead opportunities: Stay informed and alert because leads and opportunities can arise at any time.CPQ works well at syncing the customer’s needs and streamlining your sales cycle to deliver the best.
3. Implement your ideas
When it comes to Salesforce CPQ implementation, you need to understand how it will work with your business processes. You need to examine the stored data and all information that already exists in the platform. Also, you are required to determine how CPQ implementation will impact your already deployed tools and platforms. Salesforce CPQ can be integrated with multiple systems and applications, but it can impact some of the processes where you need the help of a professional Salesforce consultant.
You have to make sure that implementation will not break your existing processes. Be ready for unexpected things. Even, though your business processes are very reliable and ensure smooth Salesforce CPQ implementation, still, some issues can invariably come up. You should be prepared with a crisis management plan.
Are you looking for trusted Salesforce consultants for successful CPQ implementation? If yes, then contact our experts.
4. Plan for your data
Data is a key that can make or break your CPQ implementation. For robust CPQ implementation, data is required from multiple sources. You need to identify the required data for the CPQ process and import it before implementation. The API integration can be used to ensure smooth integration between CPQ and the system that includes critical data. You have to ensure that Salesforce CPQ is integrated with CRM, ERP, and other enterprise software. The CPQ data is constantly changing, and you have to make sure that information is updated in real-time. It is important to verify the data’s reliability and accuracy.
5. Ensure the right installation
Salesforce CPQ solution directly works with multiple internal and third-party systems. A faulty configuration can have a negative impact on real-time usage as well as the customer experience. Therefore, you should consider the following steps:
- Before rolling out, conduct pre-implementation testing.
- Create a list of real-time use cases and work thoroughly on the testing protocol.
- Make sure that the applied integration, functionalities, and workflows efficiently work.
- Check how the new implementation works. After completing the installation, it may display a “failed” status. Run the “Post Install Scripts” and enable the “new calculation service” in the configuration settings.
You have the option to install Salesforce CPQ in Sandbox or Production. With Sandbox deployment, users don’t need a license, and you can easily get started with it. For full implementation, production deployment is required. To get quality results, all users should have CPQ permission set licenses after deploying in production.
Get Salesforce CPQ Implementation services from experts
In the blog, we have listed a few tips that will help you implement Salesforce CPQ successfully. Once your Salesforce CPQ is correctly implemented, you can see the visible results in the form of increased sales, reduced sales cycles, and the generation of more leads.
Are you looking for Salesforce CPQ implementation services to boost your Salesforce team’s performance and generate qualified leads? If so, then approach trusted Salesforce professionals like Ksolves. We can be your ideal Salesforce CPQ partner for your successful CPQ implementation journey. Our skilled professionals will work closely with the clients to reduce the time and challenges involved in delivering CPQ solutions. Connect with experts today and get the best solution for your project.