The last few years were the golden period of Salesforce as it was rapidly growing to be the CRM leader and the first choice for many prominent nonprofits. Salesforce offers unique structures and appealing deals for nonprofits and thus it is the most popular choice. Also, it comes with great flexibility and customization options due to its modular design is what makes it stand out from other platforms.
Ksolves is one of the best Salesforce development companies and a Salesforce partner offering customized Salesforce consulting services and at Ksolves we help nonprofits in selecting the right solution for their needs but let’s start with the basics.
Basics of Salesforce nonprofits
We will cover some topics like the nonprofit’s success pack, the working of Salesforce apps, and if migrating to Salesforce is good for your company.
What is Salesforce NPSP?
If you have been working on Salesforce, you must have heard about the Nonprofits Success Pack or NPSP. This is the core Salesforce Sales Cloud platform which has been pre-configured for nonprofit use. It includes things like-
- Donation tracking
- Moves management
- Pledge and recurring gift tracking
- Relationship management and many more
The Salesforce NPSP package has all the core tools that you’ll need for your nonprofit’s CRM system. The core tools and functions-
- Constituent tracking and management- THis function helps you in creating individual donor profiles and storing all relevant metrics like fundraising and engagements. This will help you in tracking your stewardship and cultivation process.
- Campaign tracking and management- Track and manage several fundraising and marketing initiatives, revenues, and other important performance KPIs. The functionality allows multi-level tracking across multichannel efforts.
- Reporting functions and Dashboards- The Salesforce platform offers tons of flexibility to your company when it comes to customization. It also configures reports to visualize and utilize the donor, campaign, and custom data points.
All these functions represent the core foundation of NPSP’s data architecture. It is the database of records and primary source of everyday business management for nonprofits.
Salesforce Apps for Nonprofits
Salesforce apps are pre-built on the Salesforce platform which is specifically designed to integrate into NPSP.
The Salesforce NPSP gives you the sturdy data infrastructure and the apps give you the capability to engage with donors, raise money online and generate data.
You must have heard about the Salesforce appexchange, it is the official marketplace for these tools.
Salesforce apps come in different shapes and sizes. Two general categories are-
- Individual tools and integrations- These apps provide specific functions for your company’s online fundraising, engagement, or management. They directly integrate with Salesforce to report and organize the data. Some examples are integration that serves to bridge Salesforce and separate software that doesn’t plug directly into the CRM.
- Complete overlays- This type of app category is designed to offer a complete set of Salesforce functionality that is tailored. These are common for sectors where the requirements are like unique sales cloud implementations.
There is a Salesforce app that is designed to address any requirement that your organization might have.
Salesforce app ecosystem
The app ecosystem of Salesforce is what makes it the most powerful platform. It is a network of interconnected tools and all share the same central hub, the NPSP database.
When you are using integrated tools that can flow data between one another, you will have major benefits like-
- You generate a lot more data across the whole tech stack and organize it in smarter ways as per your needs.
- You also reduce the time needed for manual data entry and management.
- Better organized data will allow you to make more informed decisions. An integrated network of tools makes it easier to answer many complex questions.
However, if you are planning for Salesforce migration, make sure that your organization is ready for the change.
Is your organization ready?
Being a Salesforce implementation company, we ask you a simple question- Is your organization ready for the change?
To succeed with Salesforce a nonprofit organization must need an upfront investment, the right resources to build strategy, a toolkit of apps, and train its team.
It is like a paradigm shift and especially for the growing organizations, who are comfortable with their existing tools and processes. You need to take stock of your current tech stack and how to use them.
Pricing and Implementation costs
Well, you can get started with the Salesforce NPSP for free but you will need to integrate the NPSP with additional products and apps from the Salesforce appexchange.
Your team will also need training and need to configure the system to suit your needs. Without expert guidance, integrated tools, migrating support, and training, you won’t get much return. Ksolves’ Salesforce development services will help you in every process.
Ksolves’ Salesforce development services
As we have stated earlier, Ksolves is a Salesforce partner and the leading Salesforce development company across the globe. Our customized Salesforce services from migration to implementation and consulting have created a niche in the tech world. Our reliable and hard-working team of best Salesforce developers is qualified to offer you distinguished and tailored solutions which will fit your organizational needs.
If you are looking for more Salesforce solutions, write to us in the comment section below or give us a call to book a free demo now!
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
Top 6 Advantages Of Introducing DevOps To Salesforce Health Cloud!
Top 8 Salesforce Middleware Integration Tools Recommended By Ksolves!