The war between android and iOS has definitely segmented the crowd. Moreover, the division itself is a see-saw, with an inclination towards android in the current situation. What it does is force the business organizations to split their focus to gather a broad audience. Apart from discrete planning, organizations have to opt for additional teams of developers, as well.
However, every situation has a get-away solution! And, in this case, it’s Cross-platform Mobile App Development. Before moving on with the best cross platform app development frameworks, let’s dig deep into the world of cross platform mobile app development services.
Limitations Of Native App Development Framework
The limitations of Native App Development Framework can be listed as-
- First of all, you would require a separate application for both the platforms. An iOS App will never work on the Android platform, and vice versa.
- You will need to buy plugins and extensions for each application, so undeniably the cost inflates. Additionally, you will require another team of developers to work on either platform, which will again raise the cost.
- Even if you have a separate workforce, you need to maintain an equilibrium in the user interface, content, and other features. This will ask for a lot more time and energy than you expect.
- Another important factor for a business is the marketing campaign. Moreover, for Native Mobile App Development Services, you will need a separate marketing campaign for both the platforms. After all, the target audience has a different taste, as you can witness with the diverse choice.
What Is Cross Platform App Development Framework?
A platform where developers can create a mobile application without considering the operating system is a Cross Platform App Development Framework. What you need to do is analyze the basic structure of your app, which will remain constant in both the operating systems. After the basic structure is prepared, you can work on additional setups accordingly. Statistically, at least one app development company is working with Cross-platform App Development Framework out of 10.
The framework will eliminate all the limitations stated above and would provide you an upper hand over your competitors. However, how to select a framework for your Cross-platform App Development? Well, we have listed the top 8 frameworks for you with their pros and cons. Let’s have a look at them.
Top 8 Best Cross Platform Mobile App Development Framework in 2021
1. React Native
- User Interface will be highly reactive to the audience.
- Built-in APIs and components will make your job easier.
- Being highly reactive, the changes while coding will reflect immediately.
- Complex Applications will take time to be ready.
- They are highly dependent on third-party libraries.
When a framework is used by companies like Google, eBay, Alibaba, and BMW, you know it holds some value. The Dart programming language makes the Flutter a versatile framework. Even a minor app development company would feel comfortable working with Flutter. Maybe, that’s the reason why Flutter users have stacked in the last few years.
- Effortless applications development process.
- High-availability of the widgets for both android and iOS.
- You can actually witness the changes you make in seconds.
- Highly-reactive community with ever-increasing numbers, who are ready to solve the queries regarding the framework.
- Flutter will face issues while running in a 32-bit device.
- Applications are huge in size.
- With all the trusted programming languages used, there is less chance to go wrong.
- Ample of tools, UI components, and plugins to choose from.
- Cordova plugins allow an easy bridge between operating systems.
- Knowledge of different programming languages is a hectic task.
- In-app navigation might frustrate you at some instances.
One of the most used mobile app development frameworks in the world is Xamarin. The reason behind this is the use of C# language. In 2016, Microsoft acquired Xamarin and turned it into an open source framework. Microsoft News, Alaska Airlines, and BBC Good Food are some of the major organizations using Xamarin.
- 90% code sharing in both the platforms, so you don’t have to code again.
- High-availability of native features.
- Eliminates the run-time error with great testing options.
- High percentage of contributors.
- Limitations in terms of accessibility to open source libraries.
- Chargeable license for the enterprises.
5. Adobe PhoneGap
- Uses well-known languages, so it’s easy to get quality developers on-board.
- Both custom and third-party plugins available.
- Easy to develop websites with straightforward syntax.
- Cloud Solution is available.
- Fewer UI widgets hold limitations for complicated applications.
- Plugins are hard to find.
- Applications are slower than Native apps.
6. Codename One
Codename One is well-known for its easy access and speed of website development. This framework allows independent writing of native codes from Kotlin and Java. Hyundai Smart Care, CIPC, HBZ, and Muving are some of the applications based on Codename One.
- Offer reusability of 100% code.
- 100% in portability, as well. Simple drag-and-drop builder.
- No need for dedicated hardware.
- You cannot develop elaborate games.
- There is a monthly quota of cloud build servers.
7. Appcelerator Titanium
- Hyperloop allows you to access native Apps directly.
- Service of an integrated mobile backend.
- Code Reusability is limited.
- The development of apps can be costly based on complexity.
- Native iOS and Android access.
- Plugins and app templates already built, are a huge positive.
- 100% open for both iOS and Android.
- Slower apps due to single thread usage.
- Not 100% reusable codes.
All the cross-platform app development frameworks have their pros and cons. However, you can select the most-suitable one according to the requirement of your organization. You cannot control the war between the operating systems, but you can surely induce your organizations amongst a broader audience.
Now, instead of hiring developers and investing your energy, you can outsource the work to the best mobile app development company, Ksolves! We are equipped with highly-trained professionals with impressive track records and experience. So, you can bank on them for high-quality mobile app development services. Feel free to contact us for more details!
Contact Us for any Query
Email : email@example.com
Call : +91 8130704295
Why Should You Opt For Android Development over iOS?