Businesses these days rely a lot on marketing to increase sales and improve customer satisfaction. One such marketing strategy is the use of phone numbers. Organizations require phone numbers for ample purposes. Many organizations send greetings to their customers, while others advertise their products and services over messages. However, most organizations require numbers to verify the details of the customers.
Verified phone numbers help businesses find authentic customers and provide services only to valid ones. Businesses are habitually dependent on phone verification for security reasons since no organization is prone to scammers and security breaches.
There are various reasons why phone verification is such an important aspect of security and customer satisfaction and why businesses are focusing on it. Have a look-
- Increased Customer Satisfaction- Business uses text messaging services to share information with the customer. Imagine sending the wrong message to the wrong person or sharing the important product detail with a fake person. All this can hamper the image of your organization and can create potential risk issues. Additionally, the customer will be furious and would certainly not like the excuse that you possess an incorrect number. By opting for a verification process you can create and maintain a healthy customer relationship.
- Authentic Services and Security- Whenever any new user is added to your application, phone verification can help you identify and ensure that the information given by the customer is authentic and not fake by any means. If you come across any fake account, you can deactivate it at any given point in time.
- Save Money and Improve Services- Whenever you send the wrong text to the wrong person, it burdens you with the loss of both money and time. On the other hand, Phone Verification is a one-time investment process that saves a lot of money in a long time. It also helps in improving the services as the information shared always reaches the correct person instead of fake profiles.
With Salesforce we can validate the mobile numbers using regular expressions but the system will not help in the verification process. To overcome this we use certain APIs that can do phone verification. VeriPhone is one such API that is used widely in Phone number verifications.
What is VeriPhone?
VeriPhone API is a REST-based JSON API that can validate, format, and locate any phone number. VeriPhone do not require any technical skills and bulk validation is easy; just upload your CSV, validate, download VeriPhone and use it.
Use VeriPhone API in SalesForce
For using VeriPhone API, we need to follow few steps for the account verification process. They are as follows-
- Integration of VeriPhone API
- Flow creation
- Add button
The first and foremost thing before integrating an API is to create an account and verify it. Now go to the API dashboard, open settings, and copy the API key. In the next step, create a basic apex class to call the API by using GET or POST call. The API will require only the phone number along with the country code and the API key.
Now to get done with the verification, we have to call the class method. The next step is to create a controller class and then create a flow to call the method.
The screen flow will have the following steps:
- To get the current record ID, you have to create the variable record id of text type.
- Use the GET element to get the account records of the record id created above.
- Return Phone Verified field that is a Boolean field, to store the verification status.
- Add an action element, and use verify Phone action.
- The next step is to use the Decision element to check mobile verification status.
- Now, using the Assignment status, assign the value to the verified fields and update records accordingly.
- If the return value is true, then assign true, and if the response is false then show a message that the Phone number is not verified.
To verify any phone number, a button on the account page is necessary. Create an action button and call the screen flow by using that button. Now add that button to the SalesForce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action page.
The last page is to test the page and check all the functions are working correctly.
Earlier, phone number verification was slow and time confusing, and every number was verified manually. But now, with the help of verification applications, it has become much easier and fast.
Ksolves is the best stop for high-end Salesforce services in India and the USA. Our experienced Salesforce developers are determined to provide you with the best Salesforce Consulting Services. There are also tools like VeriPhone that can help your business to achieve the desired results.
If you want to learn more about the Salesforce, VeriPhone, or the potential risk of scams for your application and business, you can get in touch with us anytime.
Contact Us for any Query
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : +91 8130704295
Read Related Articles –
Salesforce Lightning Web Components: Overview
Top 7 Salesforce Lightning Business Benefits