When it comes to ERP, Odoo stands tall when it is compared to others. The very unique and peculiar feature of Odoo is its flexibility. While other ERP users struggle for a flexible approach, Odoo sighs relief to its users by integrating more than 35 modules altogether. Be it Human Resources, Accounting, Website Management, Inventory, Manufacturing, and many more, Odoo integrates all these modules in a single dashboard.
Odoo’s Community and Enterprise Edition
The best thing about the Odoo platform is that users can try and buy. If a small scale business owner is looking for a demo before investing around $12 a month, he can go for Odoo Community Edition. If he likes it, he can buy it. Odoo community edition is not for a specific period, the user can use lifelong without investing any amount, but the features will be less compared to Odoo enterprise edition. Let’s go ahead and discuss the significant differences between Odoo 14 Enterprise Edition and Community Edition
The best thing about Odoo is its bi-dimensional approach. Usually, most of the ERPs and software provide a limited-time trial or free version. But in Odoo’s case, the user can try the ERP for an indefinite period with its community edition. There are limited functions in the community version that are enough for a user to check its relevance. Whereas, in the case of Enterprise edition, full-fledged features are available with a subscription of around $12 a month. Also, Odoo provides regular support to its users by sending updates on the software that comes after the continuous feedback from the partner’s and user’s end.
With the introduction of a new version, Odoo version 14, Odoo has become a complete management tool that is advanced and streamlined with the ongoing trends. Just like this year, Odoo has been supporting its users by sending continuous updates to its users to make their business plan more efficient and robust.
With the introduction of Odoo v14, Odoo has unleashed the power of seamless integration in its ERP. As discussed above, there are different operational aspects of the community edition and enterprise edition.
Enterprise edition has more advanced features, and they are application-specific that comes with a license fee. Also, certain features are available in the enterprise edition of the Odoo v13 of Odoo processable in the community version of the new update.
Here are some of the features introduced in Odoo’s community edition that will help the users.
There is a separate window in Odoo 14 community edition that will allow the users to tag their respective sales. These tags are specified according to the unique color settings and used to operate the separate sales.
In the Odoo 14 accounting module, the localization settings allow GST integration for the Indian users. Also, in the settings menu, the sales receipt option can be enabled, and a set of thresholds are available on invoices to manage the company’s fiscal year operations.
In the website module of Odoo 14, SEO operational tools such as google analytics and console google search functional tools can be conducted from the configured settings. The new website module in Odoo 14 is an advantage to the Digital Marketing team of the organization.
Through the Odoo 14 inventory management module, the user can check the replenishment module to view the product’s replenishment orders and inventory operations.
In the Odoo 14 manufacturing module, the user can enable lock product quantities to be used. This will help the manufacturing operations be entirely controlled by the user with the user’s editing option.
Point of Sale
The newly developed POS application module in Odoo 14 facilitates the additional payment up to 6 payment integration. The user gets the seamless option to update the inventory stock in the POS with the real-time updates at the end of each session.
There is an innumerable feature upgrade in the various modules of Odoo ERP. Some of the newly added features that are available in Odoo version 14 are:
- To make conversations lively and chattier, the users can interact through Emoji with text characters.
- Through the product catalog widget, the user will see the product catalog widget on the website module.
- Odoo 14 will notify about the password strength to the users.
- The user will be able to see the inventory status through the diagrammatic representation.
- The Odoo 14 will mandate the signature from the receiver.
- Odoo 14 will automatically detect the duplicate data and highlight it for you to remove duplicate information from your ERP easily.
There is some distinctive features difference between Odoo Enterprise and Community Editions, which are obvious because Odoo Enterprise is paid, and Community is a free version. Let’s go ahead and discuss some of those.
- In the Odoo Enterprise version, there is unlimited functional support, upgrades, and public or private cloud hosting, whereas these facilities are not available in the community edition.
- Odoo Enterprise version supports Odoo Studio features like screen customizations, report designer, menu editor, and app creator, whereas, community version is deprived of these features.
- Some of the accounting features are available in the community edition, just like enterprise edition, invoicing, and payments.
- Project management features like projects and tasks, timesheet, and task logs are available in both editions except planning and forecasting.
- Ecommerce features are mostly available in Enterprise except for the web store and shopping cart available in both editions.
Odoo Enterprise Edition
Odoo Enterprise ERP module is a paid version that allows the user to use the numerous features not available in the community version. In the Enterprise edition, Odoo developers develop thousands of apps and themes that are easy to integrate with Odoo ERP. Now, Odoo has launched Odoo version 14 with advanced features
Odoo Enterprise version is a paid domain that provides the user with application-specific features. Additionally, there are various applications by Odoo developers that are released for the enterprise edition, which comes in handy according to your business requirements. New Odoo v14 comes handy with advanced features for its user to run the management’s smooth operations for your organization.
Read related articles:
Expected Features of Odoo 14
7 Best Odoo Apps to take your Business to the Next Level