“Salesforce is the leader of the CRM industry”. This is not just a statement but also the reality of our generation. Salesforce has changed the whole dynamics of how we do business. Ksolves as a Salesforce partner has always been offering the best of the Salesforce solutions keeping in mind the changes and upgrades and making sure they reach our customers. Salesforce says that the changes made tasks more user-friendly for both employees and customers.
Today in this blog, we will discuss the new features added to Salesforce Field Service Management.
New features in Salesforce
Salesforce has added four new features to its field service management platform in order to make customer support tasks easier. The new components comprise
- self-scheduling for users,
- Two-way video,
- Ability to build custom apps and
- A scheduling optimization engine
These new features will help companies in fulfilling the expectations of changing customers and employees. Both the customers and employees want a more personalized experience from the customer service software, like scheduling appointments online or having an agent who can call back instead of waiting on hold. Employees also expect the same ease of using the applications at work, which means simple UIs and easy-to-use tools.
Automation and AI are creating a lot of buzzes and becoming a crucial part as it allows technicians to get the simple work out and focus more on complex and harder issues that need human interaction.
Service providers too can leverage these new features to collect institutional knowledge as older workers of field services begin to retire and businesses are at higher risk of losing historical data and expertise.
Labor storage makes it more important to share knowledge in the field.
Salesforce field service offers scheduling, mobile capabilities, swarming capabilities, and AI to manage tasks. The new features include-
- Enhanced scheduling and optimization engine: This feature comes in beta. It allows organizations to clip together all the steps in a complex job so dispatchers can have a better understanding of the work and manage the workers accordingly.
- Lightning web components: This feature comes in a pilot testing state and allows users to create custom apps to fit a particular workflow or tasks that are industry-specific.
- Appointment assistant self-service scheduling: The good part about this feature is that it is generally available and allows customers to schedule, cancel, confirm, and reschedule appointments.
- Visual remote assistant two-way video: This feature is generally available too and allows customer service agents and users to share their cameras in real-time to troubleshoot complex problems.
Field service has become an extremely important business strategy for any business.
Service has always been a cost department but with recent changes, there is a shift towards service becoming more and more revenue-driven, enabling agents to up-sell, cross-sell and establish trust with their customers.
Lightning web components are the primary way for any company to extend its apps which include lightning desktop and Salesforce mobile app.
If we add lightning web components to the field service, we will enable customers to build a variety of use cases that were otherwise not supported by the app.
The enhanced scheduling and optimization engine clips all the steps together in one place to perform a particular task. Dispatchers can now easily understand the time required to complete a job. On the other hand, two-way video is browser-based, which means it can work on android, iOS, and Windows mobile devices.
Ksolves’ Salesforce Professional Services
Ksolves’ as a Salesforce partner is the leading Salesforce professional service provider across the globe. With a plethora of Salesforce-certified developers, we offer customized Salesforce services for all medium to big enterprises. With 10 years of Salesforce expertise, we have created a niche and delivered some of the best solutions to our clients. If you are looking for any kind of Salesforce service, write your queries in the comment section below or give us a call to book your free demo now!
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
Read Related Articles –
Salesforce Einstein for E-Commerce: Your Secret Weapon
Sough The Accounting Seeds With Ksolves’ Salesforce Professional Services