“Salesforce is the leader of the CRM industry”. This is not just a statement but also the reality of our generation. Salesforce has changed the whole dynamics of how we do business. Ksolves as a Salesforce partner has always been offering the best of the Salesforce solutions keeping in mind the changes and upgrades and making sure they reach our customers. Salesforce says that the changes made tasks more user-friendly for both employees and customers.
Today in this blog, we will discuss the new features added to Salesforce Field Service Management. But, first, let us understand what Field service lightning is?
Salesforce Field Service Lightning
Salesforce Field Service Lightning was designed to manage mobile workforces in Salesforce CRM. Field Service Lightning in Salesforce offers services that connect customer data and service experts at a single platform to deliver on-site services. It offers virtual support, intelligent scheduling, and virtual assistant to perform complex tasks.
Salesforce Field Service Lightning helps the customer support team to delegate work field service consults and also monitor them. They can handle customer records and data in the field.
Field Service Lightning in Salesforce helps in bringing together three important aspects of a business-
Some features of Salesforce Field Service Lightning include-
- Create and manage work orders for field service
- Intelligently scheduling and automatic job assigning help in improving employee productivity.
- Salesforce Field Service Lightning mobile apps help in on-site job management to your mobile workshop.
- Einstein vision helps the mobile workforce in using image recognition
- Easy visibility into ‘operational performances and KPIs.
New features in Salesforce Field Service Lightning
Salesforce has added four new features to its field service management platform in order to make customer support tasks easier. The new components comprise
- Self-scheduling for users,
- Two-way video,
- Ability to build custom apps and
- A scheduling optimization engine
These new features will help companies in fulfilling the expectations of changing customers and employees. Both the customers and employees want a more personalized experience from the customer service software, like scheduling appointments online or having an agent who can call back instead of waiting on hold. Employees also expect the same ease of using the applications at work, which means simple UIs and easy-to-use tools.
Automation and AI are creating a lot of buzz and becoming a crucial part as it allows technicians to get the simple work out and focus more on complex and harder issues that need human interaction.
Service providers too can leverage these new features to collect institutional knowledge as older workers of field services begin to retire and businesses are at higher risk of losing historical data and expertise.
Labor storage makes it more important to share knowledge in the field.
Salesforce field service offers scheduling, mobile capabilities, swarming capabilities, and AI to manage tasks. The new features include-
- Enhanced scheduling and optimization engine: Salesforce Field Service Lightning is now offering enhanced scheduling and optimization. IT is the ability to manage service jobs requiring various steps and technician capabilities like upgrading the external supply to a home before installing new equipment. This feature now comes in beta. It allows organizations to clip together all the steps in a complex job so dispatchers can have a better understanding of the work and manage the workers accordingly. This will run on the new Hyperbolic cloud infrastructure and gives customers the ability to choose the region their data is stored in.
- Lightning web components: Another feature coming in Salesforce Field Service Lightning offering more flexibility to customize the technician experience with advanced features. This feature comes in a pilot testing state and allows users to create custom apps to fit a particular workflow or tasks that are industry-specific. Partners and system integrators can also create industry-specific applications.
- Appointment assistant self-service scheduling: It has been offered to allow customers to follow the link which will notify them appointment time, and then schedule, cancel, confirm, or reschedule that appointment. The system automatically calculates the schedules and services resources of technicians to offer revised appointments. It lets you manage all the scheduling.
- Visual remote assistant two-way video: Visual remote assistant has added two-way videos. This will help agents and customers in collaborating over videos to solve issues. It comes with features such as barcode, character recognition, and the ability to annotate screengrab. This can also be used as a triage step to help the customers resolve issues without calling out an engineer. This feature is generally available too and allows customer service agents and users to share their cameras in real-time. Technicians can use this feature even when they are on-site to get on-the-job training ro for consulting.
- Newest DocuSign in the Salesforce Field Service Lightning – The newly announced DocuSign CLM for Field Service Lightning in Salesforce will allow customers to track and update contract terms. It will connect contract data on warranties and service level agreements into the service cloud. It ensures that service is delivered in compliance with terms.
Field service has become an extremely important business strategy for any business. Service has always been a cost department but with recent changes, there is a shift towards service becoming more and more revenue-driven, enabling agents to up-sell, cross-sell and establish trust with their customers.
Lightning web components are the primary way for any company to extend its apps which include lightning desktop and Salesforce mobile app.
If we add lightning web components to the field service, we will enable customers to build a variety of use cases that were otherwise not supported by the app.
The enhanced scheduling and optimization engine clip all the steps together in one place to perform a particular task. Dispatchers can now easily understand the time required to complete a job. On the other hand, two-way video is browser-based, which means it can work on android, iOS, and Windows mobile devices.
Ksolves’ Salesforce Professional Services
Ksolves’ as a Salesforce partner is the leading Salesforce professional service provider across the globe. Our Salesforce Field Services Lightning has created a niche in the industry and has garnered immense trust from clients. With a plethora of Salesforce-certified field service lightning consultants, we offer customized Field service lightning is Salesforce for all medium to big enterprises. With 10 years of Salesforce expertise, we have created a niche and delivered some of the best solutions to our clients. If you are looking for any kind of Salesforce service, write your queries in the comment section below or give us a call for further information and expert advice!
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295