The release is all about when Salesforce brings enhancements and updates, implements community ideas, and introduces new features. The Salesforce release takes place three times a year. Anyone can be a part of this ecosystem to avail the benefits of this platform’s real-time innovation. Salesforce upgrades are automatically available in real-time so that all customers can get the benefits of Salesforce features and enhancements. Some features may require configuration by the organization, whereas others will work on the organization’s available platforms. These new releases also bring opportunities for salesforce consulting teams because enhancements will come for both customer-facing and back-end functionality.
Salesforce releases its new products, enhancements, and updates three times a year, and many of them are free. This release will bring an array of new features and enhancements related to Salesforce CDP, Lighting Web Component, Salesforce Einstein Automate, my Trailhead, Field Services, and many more.
Salesforce Summer ’22 Release Dates
To ensure everything works properly, you should test your org before the Salesforce release goes live and understand how to navigate the new features and upgrades. The sandboxes get upgraded on the 6th and 07th of May, which allows the organizations to view and feel the Summer 22 release. The key dates for Summer Release 22 are:
- The Sandbox deadline is May 5th.
- Sandboxes were upgraded on May 6 and 7.
- May 6: Summer ’22 Release Site is Live!
- May 20-First release weekend
- From May 20 to May 27, there will be a live broadcast of Release Readiness.
- The second release weekend is June 3rd.
- The final release weekend is June 10 and 11.
The Key Features of Salesforce Summer Release 22
In this blog, we talk about some exciting upcoming features of Salesforce Summer Release 22.
Solve MFA Challenges
In the winter’22 release, Salesforce has already announced that multi-factor authentication (MFA) would be applicable on February 1, 2022. Today, all Salesforce users are required to log in using MFA. It is one of the most efficient ways to prevent unauthorized access to your Salesforce account. In this summer release, MFA automatic enablement and enforcement is coming up with some exceptions. Users who have not implemented the MFA will get a notice of six months. But, it is the right time to implement this outstanding feature to boost security. You can find this Multi-Factor Authentication in the Setup menu in your org.
Enable To Edit Multiple Fields on the Report Run Page
It was also announced in the Spring ‘22 release that the beta feature comes with improvements from its initial enhancement in Spring ‘21. With this feature, you can update individual statuses from a report without rerunning it. With this enhancement, you can edit multiple inline records on the report run page, which saves you time. The fields that can not be edited from a report are denoted with lock icons, whereas pencil icons show editing can be done.
Inclusion Of Median In Report Summary Measure
Getting a summary of data in a report form can prove beneficial for providing a better understanding and sharing business data. Before this summer‘22 release, users were restricted to working on report summary options such as Sum, Max, Average, and Min. This new summer release provides great media choices to make your report more efficient and powerful.
Result Limitation In Tabular Reports
In this Salesforce Summer ’22 update, you will get this option in tabular reports. You can get quick access to the most important data while avoiding unnecessary processing time. For example, if you want to view the top 10 most considerable opportunities from the tabular report, then open opportunities in the report builder. Click on the Filter tab, add a row limit of 10, and click Apply. Save the report and run it to see the desired results. This feature allows you to limit the number of rows returned in a tabular report. The report can be included as a source for a chart component or for a dashboard table.
A Simple Method For Determining The Correct Report Type For New Reports
Now you can create a report without guessing the report type selection. The enhanced report type selector enables quick access to the recent report types and easy understanding of fields, including other information and hidden unneeded report types. This feature is generally available now.
Salesforce Summer ’22 comes up with three picklist enhancements. It will prove highly beneficial for the admin.
- Cleanup Inactive Picklist Values (Beta):- With this enhancement, users can delete the unused picklist values from the Inactive Values section page. You can find this option in the Picklist setting page set menu. It allows users to keep picklists clean to ensure better performance and stability.
- Bulk Managed Picklist Values (Beta): This feature allows you to manage the picklist value more efficiently. It enables users to perform on different values with new buttons such as Replace Selected, Delete Selected, Deactivated Selected or Activated Selected. You can find the Advanced Picklist Value Management (beta) on the Picklist Setting Page.
- Find the duplicate picklist values: Now you can easily add a new picklist value in bulk. However, keep in mind that the value you’re attempting to add should not already be on the picklist. It will display an error message to show that you have a duplicate value. The new Summer 22, upgrades this feature and shows the error message with the value or values that caused the issue.
Person Accounts Can Be Enabled Without Salesforce Support.
Now, you don’t need to approach the Salesforce support team to enable the Person Accounts. In Salesforce, a Person Account is used for storing information about an individual person by combining a certain account and a contact field into one record. In this way, an organization can store all records about an individual in one place and easily use them when required. Previously, it was required to contact Salesforce support to enable the Person Account. But with this new summer release, 22, admins have access to enable Person Accounts by following a set of steps.
This release includes a number of updates to Einstein. Some of them include:
- Estimate your company’s ROI for Einstein Lead Scoring.
- Enable Einstein Prediction Builder with Guided Setup.
Now, you will get a new setup for the Einstein Prediction Builder. It is available with EinsteinBuilder Free, CRM Analytics Plus, Einstein Predictions or Platform Plus Licenses.
- Deflect Cases with Einstein’s Article recommendation for Flow (Generally Available)
It enables you to add article recommendations to your flow. By sending knowledgeable articles, you can provide answers to common questions and deflect cases.
- Automated Case Triage with Einstein Case Classification for Flows (Pilot)
The combined use of Einstein Case Classification and Flow allows you to dynamically classify the new cases and send them to the right team. Currently, this feature is available in a pilot.
Launch New Salesforce Products
As the Salesforce platform keeps evolving, its associated products and service offerings also change. As a result, you can see the changed names in their products as well. In March, Salesforce announced its legal name had changed from Salesforce.com to Salesforce, Inc.
In the Summer ‘22 release notes, they have announced the following new changes:
- High-Velocity Sales name is changed to be Sales Engagement
- myTrailhead is a part of Sales Enablement
In April, Salesforce also announced plans to change the names of the six Marketing Cloud products:
- Email Studio will be renamed as Marketing Cloud Engagement.
- Datorama will be renamed as Marketing Cloud Intelligence.
- Advertising Studio will be renamed to Marketing Cloud Advertising.
- Pardot will be renamed to Marketing Cloud Account Engagement.
- Salesforce CDP will be renamed to “Marketing Cloud Customer Data Platform.”
- Interaction Studio will be renamed to Marketing Cloud Personalization.
At Ksolves, we are dedicatedly engaged in offering a complete gamut of bespoke solutions, from Salesforce development to implementation and Salesforce customization. You can approach our professional Salesforce consultants to share your project requirements, and they will make sure to provide you with the best solutions.