Red Hat is in the news again. This time for releasing the latest version of Enterprise “Red Hat OpenShift 4.8 Kubernetes platform”. Red Hat OpenShift 4.8 is released to offer a strong foundation for developing and connecting diverse workloads across the hybrid clouds and helping organizations speed up the creation of new cloud-native applications without deserting their existing environments.
As organizations are growing their application landscapes to meet their needs, Kubernetes platforms are not just for all open hybrid clouds, but also for the variety of workloads and applications running on them.
Organizations around the world, including AXA, World Pay, and much more leverage Red Hat OpenShift to run diverse workloads, from modern-day analytics to applications built on Java frameworks. The latest release of Red Hat OpenShift will help in speeding up the development and execution of various applications.
Accelerating Development Across Workloads and Simplifying Management
Red Hat OpenShift 4.8 based on Kubernetes 1.21 and CRI- O 1.21 runtime interfaces, simplifies the developer experience while expanding use cases and workloads across various industries. New features and enhancements include:
- IPv6/IPv4 dual-stack IPv6 single stack support offers applications with interoperability and communications for environments that use IPv6 and IPv4, like cloud-native networks and government agencies around the world that require the support of IPv6. This provides additional security to the application.
- OpenShift Pipeline allows users to define, control and track changes to the application delivery pipeline and the application source code. This helps developers in utilizing Git workflows to automate the deployments of their CI/CD pipelines. This helps them in turning their codes into features at a fast and secure pace.
- Enhanced developer experience within OpenShift Console, also including the ability for spring bot developers to code and test before sharing the code on a broader basis. Red Hat Openshift 4.8 enables advanced scaling options for developer consoles to further improve serverless development.
- OpenShift Serverless features – This allows developers to create and execute on-demand functions with OpenShift. The serverless capabilities of OpenShift help simplify, automate and accelerate application development removing the burden of manual infrastructure.
- OpenShift sandbox containers offer a more secure container runtime using lightweight virtual machines. It adds features for workloads that require strict security on the application level. Sandbox containers provide an additional layer of isolation that is perfect for tasks like privileged workloads.
Expanded Partner Ecosystem
Red Hat has been seeing an exponential increase in the number of independent software vendor partner workloads running on Red Hat OpenShift for many years.
To offer organizations even more choice, Red Hat has expanded Red Hat OpenShift certification to provide support to a broader range of workloads on the enterprise platform. All the Red Hat partners can now enable and certify software solutions on OpenShift.
In order to empower the organization, Red Hat Services provide expertise in development and field experience to help organizations to overcome the challenges of building modern and scalable hybrid solutions.
Red Hat OpenShift 4.8 Availability
Red Hat OpenShift was made generally available in July 2021 and one can try out all the features on Red Hat OpenShift’s developer sandbox. Red Hat OpenShift 4.8 makes it easy for organizations to run various workloads and accelerate the creation of new cloud-native applications.
Ksolves OpenShift Services
Ksolves Red Hat OpenShift consulting services help organizations in planning and designing complete OpenShift and ensures smooth functionality. Ksolves is one of the top bids in the market for OpenShift development and can help you with this latest release of Red Hat OpenShift 4.8. Our stalwart team of talented and efficient developers has expertise in handling major clients worldwide.
We have been working with the latest release of Red Hat Openshift 4.8 since it was released and are fully aware of the technicalities. It is always good to trust the experienced, right?
For more information write to us in the comments section or give us a call
Contact Us for any Query
Call: +91 8130704295
Read related article –
OpenShift vs Kubernetes: Detailed Guide
OpenShift Vs Rancher: The Tale Of Two Enterprise Kubernetes Platform!