One of the fastest growing industries today is the retail industry. And, just like all other sectors, the retail industry is going through a dynamic transformation these days. Traditional players have to up their game to stay competitive. New business models, extraordinary customer experiences and a real-time supply chain process is becoming mandatory. Ksolves’ Apache Kafka services plays a key role in the evolution of retail business.
In this blog we are going to explore use cases and real world deployments of Apache Kafka. Let’s have a look.
Disruptive trends in the retail industry
Trends that change the retail industry completely-
- Highly competitive market
- Moving from mortal to omnichannel
- Customised customer experience
These trends force retail companies to create new business models and improve efficiency while providing great customer experience.
Event streaming with Kafka in retail
Apache Kafka enables faster processing with a much lower cost and reduced risk. Hence Kafka not only helps greenfield projects but also compliment existing applications in a brownfield architecture. Check out these capabilities of Apache Kafka-
- Kafka as modern middleware
- Kafka in conjunction with API management tools
- Integration with legacy mainframe applications
- Event streaming as foundation for logistic and transportation
Use cases of Apache Kafka in real world for retail business
Various big companies across the globe leverage Apache Kafka for different use cases. Kafka is the first and the right choice when you want to optimize the supply chain or build a specific customer experience. See these examples-
- Walmart– 8500 nodes processing 11 billion events per day to deliver an omnichannel experience
- Target– Data correlation of events from distribution centers and customer interactions enable real-time omnichannel scale.
- AO.com– Personalized online retail experience through a correlation of historical customer data.
- Mojix– Real-time intelligence, cloud improvements and support omnichannel sales
Omni Channel and customer 360 across the supply chain with Apache Kafka
Omni channel requires a combination of various different tasks and applications. Some tasks are real-time and others are historic.
- Customer interactions like website, mobile app, in-store
- Reporting and analytics
- R&D and manufacturing
- Marketing and after sales
Kafka is a perfect fit due to its capabilities like real-time message, storage for decoupling, data integration and continuous data processing.
Hybrid architecture from Edge to cloud
Hybrid architecture runs many mission critical workloads in the clouds. The context specific recommendations, point of sale, payment and loyalty processing are executed at the disconnected edge in each store.
Kafka is taking over retail
If we have to conclude it, we would say, event streaming with Apache Kafka is playing an important role in the evolution of retail business. Companies like Walmart and Target heavily rely on Apache Kafka to provide a real-time architecture to ensure increased revenues and stay competitive.
Ksolves Apache Kafka services
Ever since we came into existence, we are fortunate enough to have been working with some great clients and projects. We are one of the best Kafka development and consulting companies globally. We not only guarantee the best results, but also offer round the clock support. If you are planning to leverage event streaming in the retail industry, Ksolves is the best place. Build great applications with Ksolves’ Apache Kafka.
Give us a call or write to us in the comments section below!