When it comes to data and its management, organizations prefer a free-flow rather than long and awaited procedures. This is where open source products like Apache NiFi and Apache Spark make their way through. On one hand, NiFi is designed for the automation of data flow, while Spark acts as a catalyst for the computing processes. When you get products of the same scale, working for a similar goal, collation is undoubtedly a by-product. Moreover, Apache NiFi vs Spark is no stranger to this collation. So, let’s dig into the comparison and find out important aspects of both the products.
Apache Nifi Vs Apache Spark
1. Key Features
NiFi offers highly configurable and secure data flow between software all around the world. Other features include data provenance, efficient data buffering, flow specific QoS, and parallel streaming capabilities.
On the other hand, Spark speeds up the computation process, regardless of the language. In-memory computing, advanced analytics, and flexible integration capability add to the list of Spark’s key features.
2. Comparison Of Architecture
Considering the architectural components, Apache NiFi includes a Web Server, Flow File Repository, Flow Controller, Content Repository, Extensions, and Provenance Repository. You would require a host management system with Java Virtual Machine to execute the product. Furthermore, you can also add a NiFi cluster to perform multiple dataflows. Actually, it’s the Apache ZooKeeper that performs the cluster management effortlessly.
Apache Spark has Graph X, SQL, Spark Core, MLlib, and Spark Streaming as its architectural components. Each of the components will work as a cohesive unit to perform the task without wasting any time. In fact, the graphical composition will enhance your experience in terms of the user interface.
3. Speed Vs Speed
Now, this is where both the products excel in their respective categories. Apache NiFi vs Apache Spark is all about providing you with a lightning-fast output.
If you consider NiFi, the software allows rapid transfer of the data between the source and the destination. Most importantly, you can oversight the speed with Visual command and control.
On the other hand, Spark will process your computation approximately by the time you blink your eye. Furthermore, Advanced Analytics enables Spark to process the most complicated commands without any error.
4. Stability: As They Offer!
The stability of both NiFi and Spark takes an unusual turn with NiFi leading the way. You won’t face any issue regarding the stability of the data flow process in Nifi. However, Spark won’t provide the stability for your computation processes.
Apache Spark works on the streamflow process of each command, which makes it difficult to stabilize.
5. Integration Of Tools
You can simply integrate MongoDB, Kafka, Amazon S3, Linux, and Amazon SQS in Apache NiFi. Similarly, Spark enables you to integrate Jupyter, Snowflake, Azure Cosmos DB, Apache Hive, and Couchbase. The list can go on and on based on your requirement, which makes the integration process customizable.
Apart from that, the integration of tools can enhance the performance of your software user experience in these ways:
· Zero-error guarantee
6. Use Case Of Apache NiFi And Apache Spark
If we compare the use of both NiFi and Spark, you’ll notice that both the software targets an effortless data management system. Here are the use cases for NiFi:
- If you want to transfer data from one software to another eliminating all the possible threats, NiFi is an apt solution for you.
- For instance, you are required to deliver a large document urgently, don’t look past NiFi!
- It doesn’t matter whether the software on each side is way different from each other, you can still manage its flow through NiFi.
Let’s move further to Spark and list down the use cases for it.
- Think of regular data streaming, Spark will shine amongst the lot. You can configure data at your own pace with faultless experience.
- With Artificial Intelligence making its way through, machine learning is a new trend. Therefore, Spark offers machine learning that enables the system to learn and improve with every experience.
- It’s time to control your home appliances and other devices with fog computing of Spark.
- Don’t worry, if you cannot process complex calculations manually! Spark, with its interactive analysis, will process all complex computations and resolve all the issues for you.
7. Tips For Better Performance!
We understand that every software is not perfect, especially when you consider the ever-changing requirements. However, you can still find a way to make the best out of it. Apache NiFi and Spark are no stranger to this situation. So, here are tips for each software in order to elevate the performance.
- Don’t use NiFi without the latest version of Java! What it will do is generate compatibility issues that will alter the performance of your software.
- On the other hand, a well-designed cluster arrangement is what it requires to boost the speed, configuration, and processing of Spark.
8. The Benefit Of Using Each Product
The elaborate discussion on Apache NiFi Vs Spark will be abridged if we neglect the individual benefits of each software. Let’s start with Spark this time and list down its benefits for you.
- In comparison to its predecessor Hadoop, Spark is 100-times faster in processing the computation. Now, you don’t have to wait for long hours to receive an output.
- Spark is capable of performing the most complicated and complex programs, with the same efficiency. Maybe, that’s the reason why most of the giant organizations are switching to Spark.
Have a look at the benefits NiFi will carry with it.
- NiFi will encrypt the data before sending it to the destination. Therefore, your data flow is secured and free from all viruses and malware.
- You can transfer all scales of data without worrying about the size, complexity, and speed.
Concluding The Comparison
The conversation for Apache NiFi vs Apache Spark is based on the experience you’ll adore while using both the software. Remember, each software is designed to enrich the data management system for your organization. Why make things complicated when you have products to ease the workload?
Moreover, if you are an organization and looking to ease your workload with genuine products, allow Ksolves to help you. With our expertise in products and services, you won’t be disappointed at any instance. Feel free to contact us or visit our website!
Contact Us for any Query
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : +91 8130704295
Read related articles:
Why is Apache NiFi the best choice?